All Sinclair students now have an Outlook 365 email account to be used for all official Sinclair communication. Please begin using your new Outlook account and email address (@sinclair.edu) immediately.
To begin using your new Outlook account:
- Log into my.sinclair.edu with your username and password.
- Click the "Open Your Mail" Portal Tile and begin using Outlook.
The email function within eLearn has also changed to a Send-Only mode. Send-Only email allows all eLearn users to continue to send email messages from eLearn, but the mailbox function is removed, and messages are sent outside of eLearn to the recipient’s Outlook 365 inbox.
You will be able to send email to your instructor from eLearn, but they will receive those messages in their @sinclair.edu email account. You will also be able to reply to your instructor’s messages or create and send new messages to your instructor directly from your Outlook 365 @sinclair.edu email account.
These changes are being made to address multiple issues that have been experienced by both faculty and students:
- eLearn does not have a user-friendly mobile interface for email.
- eLearn email that is forwarded to external email systems can’t be replied to.
- Students occasionally incorrectly address messages to faculty using @my.sinclair.edu because of an incorrect assumption.
- Some students are unaware that there are multiple email systems and they miss important communications.
||End of spring term|
||Students receive their Outlook 365 account credentials and eLearn course email will be replaced by Send-Only email|
||Beginning of summer term|
||Removal of student’s Gmail accounts|
How This Change Impacts You:
- While you can send email messages from eLearn to other students and faculty listed in your eLearn course address book, all email sent from eLearn will be delivered to users’ Outlook accounts. This means to read or respond to email sent from eLearn, you must access your Outlook account.
- eLearn users will no longer have an eLearn email Inbox or an @elearn.sinclair.edu email address. Only the Sent email folder will be available in eLearn.
- Course notifications will continue to be available in eLearn. However, you may also set up notifications to forward to Outlook.
- New email notifications will no longer be available in eLearn.
- You will have until October 31, 2020 to save or transfer any messages from your @my.sinclair.edu Gmail account to your @sinclair.edu Outlook account. This will also allow time to update any Internet services or subscriptions that send email to your @my.sinclair.edu email address to your new @sinclair.edu email address.
- There will be a setting placed on your @my.sinclair.edu Gmail account that will forward all newly received messages to your Outlook 365 @sinclair.edu account beginning on May 7, 2020.
- Your @my.sinclair.edu Gmail account will be deleted on October 31, 2020 and email addressed to @my.sinclair.edu will no longer be forwarded.
For additional help contact the helpdesk at (937) 512-4357.