Inquiries and/or comments can be made to Scott McCollum at email@example.com or 937-512-3068.
- Microsoft Virtualization Data Center to Desktop Customer Solution Case Study.
- Sinclair Community College Secure LAN Strategy Project article
- Campus Technology magazine’s 2006 Innovators
- Mobile Access Management Tools Enable More Than Secure Wireless Access
- Wireless Tunnel to Security
- ShoreTel Makes the Grade at Ohio’s Sinclair Community College
- The Student Success Plan: Case Management and Intervention Software
- NAC helps with wireless LAN security at Sinclair Community College
- 2007 Network World’s Enterprise All-Star Award – Awarded for the development and implementation of the college’s Secure LAN Strategy, which defines a plan for providing access to campus network resources based on the role of the user, the configuration of their computing device, and verifiability of the device’s configuration.
Computerworld’s Infrastructure Management World Award – Awarded in the “Security, Compliance and Risk Management” category for the Secure LAN Strategy.
Storage Networking World Award – Awarded in the category of “Securing the Storage Fortress” for the Secure LAN Strategy for proactively observing the need to protect stored data from internal and external threats and focusing on individual security concerns of the organization.
ACUTA Institutional Excellence in Communications Technology Award – Awarded for the college’s Secure LAN Strategy.
- Top 10 Tech-Savvy Community Colleges – Awarded by the Center for Digital Education and the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC). A ranking was established based on the third national Digital Community Colleges Survey, which examined how colleges are deploying technology to streamline operations and better serve students, faculty and staff.
Application Development/Process Improvement Awards
2007 Community College Futures Assembly’s Bellwether Award - Awarded for the Student Success Plan (SSP) process and tools, a comprehensive model to increase success, retention, and graduation rates of high-risk students.
2007 League for Innovation in the Community College Innovation of the Year Award - Awarded for the technology and process design for the Curriculum Management Tool (CMT), which tracks curricular revisions and facilitates continuous improvement across 2400 courses and 180 programs.
2006 League for Innovation in the Community College Innovation of the Year Award - Awarded for the SSP process and technology.
- 2006 MetLife Best Practice College Award - Awarded for the SSP process and tools.
- 2005 NCSD and League for Innovation Terry O’Banion Shared Journey First Place Award - Awarded for the SSP process and tools.
- 2005 National Council for Marketing and Public Relations Regional Medallion Award - Awarded for design and technology used to develop the virtual campus tour.
- 2005 National Council for Student Development Exemplary Practice Award - Awarded for the SSP process and tools.
- 2005 Macromedia Higher Education Innovation Award - Awarded for Sinclair’s use of innovative technology to solve a real need for the SSP application.
2005 League for Innovation in the Community College Innovation of the Year Award – Awarded for the creation of a Content Management System (CMS) that allows users of all skill levels to create and maintain web-based content for a dynamic web site from a visual display template.
2004 Educause Excellence in Information Technology Solutions Award - Awarded for the SSP process and technology. Competition included all colleges and universities in the US, not just two-year schools.
2004 ACUTA Institutional Excellence in Communications Technology Award – Awarded for the strategy to improve the college’s web presence and to enhance communication among students, faculty, and staff using the CMS application.